Before deciding to get a breast lift, you probably want to know how much it costs. The price of a breast lift varies from clinic to clinic and can depend on the type of lift, but there are plenty of financing options to suit people’s different needs.
Standard Types of Breast Lift
There are generally five popular types of lifts that most women opt for. Each one suits a particular breast shape. These five types are:
- Crescent lift – During this procedure, a plastic surgeon makes a crescent-shaped incision across the top edge of the areola. The aim of the surgery is to improve the position of the nipple relative to the breast.
- Peri-areolar (donut) lift – When carrying out a donut breast lift, a plastic surgeon makes a circular incision around the areola. This type of breast lift surgery is ideal for women who have drooping or sagging breasts that are small or medium in size.
- Vertical (lollipop) lift – This form of breast lift surgery involves two incisions: a circular one around the areola and a vertical one running from the bottom of the areola to the breast crease. This procedure suits women who want reshaping while also correcting sag.
- Anchor lift – A plastic surgeon makes three incisions: a circular one around the areola, a vertical incision from the bottom of the areola to the breast crease, and a horizontal incision running along the breast crease. This breast lift surgery is best suited to women with significant sagging of the breasts.
- Bellesoma lift – When performing the Bellesoma method, a plastic surgeon makes only one incision: around the areola and in the breast crease. There are no vertical scars, and other scarring is minimal, as the scars naturally blend in with the skin and fade over time.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of these breast lifts in 2018 was $4,816. This cost does not include facility fees, breast implant costs, or anesthesia fees and varies depending on a few factors, including:
- The surgeon performing your procedure (based on their experience)
- The type of breast lift surgery you choose
- Where the clinic is located
- Whether or not you choose to have a breast implant placed
This average breast lift cost does not include related expenses, such as:
- Medical tests
- Surgical facility costs
- Post-surgery garments
- Cost of implants
The Cost of the Bellesoma Method
Besides minimal scarring, the Bellesoma method is unique because it’s highly customizable and can achieve longer lasting results than traditional breast lift techniques. Before surgery, your plastic surgeon uses proprietary, specially designed 3D-imaging software to create a model of your ideal breasts. This blueprint is used to create new breast mounds, which are placed higher up on the chest wall. These newly created breast mounds get secured to your chest muscle. The Bellesoma breast lift uses your own breast tissue to restore fullness, roundness, and perkiness to your breasts. No implants or fat transfers are required.
The Bellesoma method is a more advanced type of breast lift surgery. Since it involves more planning and state-of-the-art technology, its price is 25% to 50% higher than traditional breast lift surgeries.
The Cost of a Lift + Breast Augmentation
A breast lift surgery with augmentation helps women who are dissatisfied with the size, as well as the droop of their breasts. Augmentation adds volume to help you achieve both fuller and perkier breasts. A plastic surgeon can perform a breast augmentation in the following ways:
- Artificial implants – Your plastic surgeon places an artificial implant (saline, silicone gel, or gummy bear) either between the breast and chest muscle or behind the chest muscle.
- Fat transfer – During this breast augmentation procedure, a plastic surgeon takes fat from one part of your body (like your thighs, abdomen, buttocks, or waist) and transfers it to your breasts.
Since breast augmentation with a lift involves a combination of procedures, the cost is higher than a breast lift alone. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons notes that the average cost of breast augmentation with lift is $6,225.
Again, this fee doesn’t include the other necessary expenses related to surgery (surgery center fees, anesthesia, cost of implants). Also, the cost may vary depending on whether implants or fat transfer is used. If you opt for implants, prices can change depending on the type of breast implants involved.
The Cost of a Lift + Breast Reduction
A breast reduction with lift is ideal if you experience soreness in your back, neck, or shoulders due to large breasts. It can reduce the strain on your body while also improving your breasts’ shape and perkiness. The average cost of this type of breast lift surgery is $5,631.
How to Pay for Your Breast Lift
There are many different ways to pay for your breast lift procedure. At Ver Halen Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery, we accept credit cards that cover the cost. We work closely with Comenity® Capital Bank (Alphaeon Credit®) and Synchrony Bank (CareCredit®).
Or you could use a specialized and easy-to-use loan company, such as Enhance Patient Finance or United Medical Credit.
Other financing options include:
- Credit card
- Cashier’s check
Dr. Ver Halen is a highly experienced, Board-certified plastic surgeon. He would be happy to discuss your options for breast lifts in more depth, as well as how to get the results you desire within your budget. Contact Ver Halen Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery to schedule a one-on-one consultation. We can help you decide which type of breast lift is ideal for you and how best to pay for it.
Latest posts by Dr. Jon Ver Halen MD FACS (see all)
- Chin Liposuction - April 30, 2020
- What Does Breast Augmentation Cost? - February 15, 2020
- Can I Breastfeed After Breast Implant/Augmentation? - November 30, 2019