It can show up in other areas too.
What Causes Cellulite?
Cellulite occurs when fat deposits below the skin’s tissue push through. Many factors can contribute to cellulite, including:
- Menopause (because of the reduction of estrogen)
- Prolonged sitting
- Inactive lifestyle
- High levels of carbohydrates
- Poor skin tone
Cellulite is a common condition that many women struggle with. Up to 90% of women will have cellulite in their lifetimes. Only around 10% of men, on the other hand, will notice it. For a lot of women, cellulite can lead to a drop in body confidence and self-esteem.
Cellfina offers an effective solution. Results are permanent, as Cellfina treats the underlying cause of cellulite. Clinical trials have tracked patients for up to three years, and further studies have demonstrated continued results at five years after a single treatment.
Let’s take a look at what treatment involves and how it can help you regain the skin you want.
Cellfina: An Overview
Cellfina is a minimally invasive procedure that helps restore a youthful appearance to your skin. It is an FDA-approved treatment for getting rid of cellulite on effected areas of the buttock and thighs, making the skin smooth again.
There are many benefits to the Cellfina technique:
- It provides long-lasting results.
- It’s FDA-approved.
- It’s minimally invasive.
- Only a single treatment is required in most cases.
- Patients report a significant, quick improvement.
- It’s safe.
- You’ll have only limited downtime.
Are You Eligible for Cellfina?
You’re a good candidate for Cellfina if you:
- Have cellulite that won’t respond to any other treatments, including creams, lotions, lasers, massages, and wraps
- Have minimal to no skin laxity (loose skin)
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of less than 35
- Have realistic expectations about the procedure – Cellfina can help with most cellulite but not rid you of it completely.
- Have cellulite dimples rather than waves – Dimples often resemble an orange peel.
- Are willing to lead a healthy lifestyle – Cellfina can treat existing cellulite, but it can’t stop new cellulite from forming. By exercising regularly and eating a healthy diet, you can prevent weight gain and new cellulite from emerging.
- Are on blood thinners
- Have an allergy or sensitivity to lidocaine or epinephrine
You may not be a good candidate for this type of cosmetic treatment if you want to get the procedure done because:
- Someone you know opted for Cellfina
- You heard that Cellfina is a popular procedure and so you think you need it
- Someone you know has pressured you into getting it
- You have skin laxity, stretch marks, or excess fat, which shouldn’t be confused with cellulite
Women ♥ Cellfina®
Cellfina® Before & After Results
Results are from one Cellfina® treatment. Photos are un-retouched.
Smooth that Lasts®
Get the only long-lasting, minimally invasive cellulite solution proven to smooth away dimples for at least three years in a single treatment.
Your Cellfina Consultation
Dr. Ver Halen is a highly experienced, Board-certified plastic surgeon, serving Dallas, Fort Worth, and surrounding areas. He understands that cellulite causes issues for many women, and it has been his lifelong mission to raise the confidence and self-esteem of every patient who visits him.
Dr. Ver Halen or his physician’s assistant, Elaine, MPAS, PA-C will invite you in for a one-on-one consultation to discuss the Cellfina procedure with you. It’s important to fully understand what Cellfina involves before you decide to go ahead with the cosmetic treatment.
In your consultation, you’ll likely discuss the following topics:
- Risks of the procedure
- Your desired outcome and expectations
- Medical history, as well as any medical conditions
- Current use of prescription drugs, dietary supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and/or recreational drugs
First, cellulite dimples are marked with a pen. You are then brought into the procedure, and your skin is thoroughly cleaned. Next, Dr. Ver Halen or Elaine apply a local numbing agent. Then the Cellfina device is used to release the fibrous bands that cause cellulite. This innovative, proprietary technology treats the primary structural cause of cellulite.
You may notice results in as little as three days after your Cellfina treatment, although most patient testimonials indicate they notice a difference after one week. The whole procedure is extremely quick, taking less than 90 minutes.
After the Cellfina procedure, patients can usually resume activities the same day. You may want to take it easy for 24 hours, as you could experience some bruising. This completely disappears for 90% of patients after 4 weeks.
Potential side effects, complications, and risks of this cellulite treatment include:
- Minor pain
If you experience any of these problems at any time following your Cellfina cellulite treatment, be sure to book a follow-up consultation with Dr. Ver Halen. This will help guarantee the best results and an easy recovery. We recommend that you update us with the results of your cellulite treatment. Dr. Ver Halen always has your best interests at heart and is determined to help you achieve your aesthetic goals!
How to Pay for Your Cellfina Treatment
Dr. Ver Halen accepts a variety of payment options for cellulite reduction. You may choose to use healthcare credit cards supplied by Synchrony Bank (CareCredit®) and Comenity® Capital Bank (Alphaeon Credit®).
Another option is to use a secured loan from United Medical Credit or Enhance Patient Finance. United Medical Credit is suitable for prime and subprime lenders and includes multiple plan options and flexible terms. There are different plans available, catering to patients’ varying budgeting needs. Other options for funding the treatment include:
- Credit card
- Cashier’s check
- In-house financing
- Other types of loans
Before Cellfina, Paola never liked her legs and butt. See how this procedure gave her the confidence to wear a bathing suit with a smile.
As Gina’s body changed in her 30s, she tried several treatments to improve the appearance of her behind. Learn how Cellfina helped her love her looks again.
Kristi’s weight loss revealed cellulite she had never seen before. Watch how Cellfina made her feel confident in her new body.
For many women, cellulite can lead to insecurities about their bodies. But you don’t have to live with this drop in self-confidence. Cellfina treatment is a quick and easy way to help you achieve the look you desire. At Ver Halen Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery, we’re committed to offering the best solution for cellulite. Book your consultation today to discuss whether Cellfina is right for you.